As a landlord, you are legally required to look after the safety of your tenants and as such, the Gas Safety Regulations 1998 (installation and use), deals with this to ensure landlords comply to make sure that gas appliances, fittings and flues in the property are in safe working order for tenants.
We are here to help ensure that you adhere to the HSE regulations and can provide a Gas Safe registered engineer to regularly service and maintain this for you.
Annual Gas Safety check
As landlords are also responsible for ensuring the gas safety check is carried out annually, we can take this headache away from you, providing the safety check and then the necessary records which are legally required.
- As a landlord you must keep 2 years safety check record and provide:
- Existing tenants with a copy of annual gas safety certificate within 28 days of check being completed
- New tenants with a copy of gas safety certificate before they move into property
Complete Landlords' Gas Safety Certificates
- Midlands Gas also offers a complete gas certificate service package for landlords to give you peace of mind that both you and your tenants are safe. This comprises checks by our registered engineers for the following:
- 3 separate gas appliances
- These will be checked to ensure:
- They are at the right setting
- That they are at the right operating pressure
- They are burning correctly
- Harmful gases are being vented outside safely from the appliance
- All ventilation routes are clear and in good working order
- All the safety devices are working
To arrange your service or maintenance check, contact us today on 0800 123123.
We have called on Midland Gas a few times now. Each time their service is great. Their skills in ensuring that we have the right solution are spot on and consistently high in standard. Great job lads.