We would recommend that you have your boiler serviced every year. It can be extremely dangerous if your boiler is left year after year as this can increase the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning.
It's useful to know what to expect when your boiler is being serviced to ensure that you get your value for money.
Midland Gas engineers are Gas Safe registered to ensure consistent excellent service year after year. We want our customers to feel valued and to know they are in safe hands when they call us back every year.
Annual boiler service checklist
It's important to try and get your service for the summer months as this can be helpful to avoid the 'busier' months ahead when people begin to switch their heating on towards the autumn and winter season when there are more breakdowns.
The checklist below shows the key points to expect during a full boiler service.
- A visual check (this will check if your boiler still meets current standards)
- The boiler will be fired up to identify if there are any faults
- Boiler casing should be removed and all main components checked, such as:
- Heat exchanger
- Main injector
- Spark/sensor probe
- Checks to ensure flue terminals are clear and sealed correctly
- Gas valve adjusted to check that burner is combusting efficiently and in the correct way
- Inside casing surfaces cleaned
- Boiler parts cleaned if required
- Gas leak test to ensure there are no leaks
- Boiler casing should be replaced and sealed correctly
- You should receive a boiler service report that shows everything the engineer has done to maintain your boiler.
- Remember that not all boilers are the same, so there may be some additional checks for proper boiler maintenance, if you have an older model.
We have called on Midland Gas a few times now. Each time their service is great. Their skills in ensuring that we have the right solution are spot on and consistently high in standard. Great job lads.